The new normal has become a tough adjustment for almost every single one of us. It came at an unexpected time and definitely changed the way we do things and go about our daily lives. Companies and businesses were forced to shut down and halt their operations to prioritize the health of their employees. Other businesses had to force their employees to work from home which led to a lot of people affected and having to cope with their new situations. It’s a good thing that we are now slowly getting back on our feet as businesses have slowly reopened and operations are back. However, there are still a lot of things we have to comply with and do. For each employee, it is crucial to be compliant in these uncertain times and to make the most out of it.
As an employee, you have to prioritize your health over anything else. Being healthy allows you to keep working and taking care of your needs along with your family so it is crucial to always be safe especially when going to and from the workplace. Health organizations all over the world have provided businesses and companies with guidelines in order to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus or any other viruses or diseases so we as employees should comply with these.
Even though compliance may be hard, it is our duty as people to comply with them. Here are a few things we can do to be compliant employees in the new normal:
- Be Educated on The Company’s Best Practices– As an employee, it is your duty to stay updated on the company’s rules and regulations during this time. You have to be able to know the measures being taken and what to do in certain situations, so you do not risk the health of your colleagues. Your office procedures may change from time to time so make sure you are well up to date.
- Bring Your Own Utensils– Your office cafeteria, breakroom, or pantry will most likely have utensils that you can use during your breaktime. Even though these items are constantly cleaned, it is best to bring your own in order to lessen contact with germs and bacteria or to not risk the health of your fellow employees. Bringing your own utensils will also give you the assurance that what you are using when eating your food is really clean and safe.
- Wear Your Mask at All Times– Some people will usually find that wearing a mask can be a hassle and will take a lot of time to get used to. However, the World Health Organization and those in the health industry require us to wear our masks especially in the workplace because it reduces the risks of contracting the coronavirus and spreading it. They are considered as simple barriers that help prevent respiratory droplets from travelling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the mask coughs, sneezes, or talks. There is still a lot to be known about the coronavirus but one of the recommended ways to stay away from it is to wear our masks when we are working or interacting with other people.
- Use Gloves– For people in the food industry, using gloves is already a part of their daily lives. However, if you work in other industries where wearing gloves is not required, it is best to reconsider that notion. We use our hands to write reports on our computers, talk to our loved ones on our phones, and just about everything we do. This means that they we are spreading germs and bacteria without even knowing it. Wearing gloves can help lessen the risks of spreading any viruses and even contracting them because our hands are fully protected.
- Keep Your Hands Clean– Using gloves will protect your hands but they will not clean them. It is your duty to keep your hands clean because they come into contact with a lot of things from opening doors to exchanging handshakes. Washing your hands is always the recommended way to keep our hands clean. However, some people may be too busy and do not have the time to go to a bathroom. In this case, it is best to invest in hand sanitizers. Hand sanitizers are great alternatives to handwashing because they quickly kill microorganisms and are very efficient to use. They also keep the hands moisturized compared to other soaps that can dry the hands easily.
We hope that these tips can help you become a compliant and safe employee in the new normal. Even though there are still a lot of adjustments to be made and ever-changing procedures and guidelines, these are some constant things that can help each one of us stay safe in our workplaces.
A great way you can invest in the health of your employees and colleagues is by visiting ppecompanycare.com. PPE Company Care is a company that is committed to helping businesses adjust and be compliant with government guidelines in the new normal. You can order PPE care kits for your business and have them delivered straight to your office. PPE care kits are the complete solution to all businesses as they come with these things:
- FFP2 Mask
- Surgical Type IIR Mask
- Hand Sanitizer
- Anti-Bacterial Wipes
- Disposable Gloves
All of these items are very helpful in the new normal that we live in and providing your employees or colleagues with their own can help ensure safety in the workplace. These care kits are durable and portable so employees can access them at any time wherever they may be. You also won’t have to worry about running out because PPE Company Care will deliver your care kits on time every month. So, what are you waiting for? Contact them today and order your care kits now. You can buy in bundles to save more on costs.